Getting Back to the Track
Club Guidelines for Athletes (and Parents / Carers):
After discussions with staff from Everyone Active and visits to Middlesbrough Sports Village the following guidelines have been put in place to allow club coaches and athletes to start to return to training at the track from MON 15 JUNE.
- At this point in time your coach can carry out a coaching session with up to five athletes. They may then coach a further session after the conclusion of your session.
- Ensure you have booked on your session with your coach and you are clear what time your training session starts and where on the track you are to meet your coach.
- You must be a current member of the club to train. Please bring your membership card with you to the track to present on request.
- Follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands and bring hand sanitiser with you. Do not train or attend the track if you display any of the symptoms of coronavirus or if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating.
- Ensure you have enough food and hydration for the session.
- Be aware that changing facilities and toilets are CLOSED – use the toilet before you set off for the track.
- There will be a time buffer between sessions to enable social distancing to take place effectively – do not congregate in groups before your training sessions.
- Ensure you arrive at the MSV gate to the track no more the 5 mins before your allocated training session time. If you are early, remain in your car.
- At the gate join the queue to enter, use the hand santiser provided and give your name and the name of the coach to the MSV staff. Whilst in the queue maintain social distancing of 2m at all times.
- Once through the gate head to your coaches agreed meet point.
- Parents / carers should remain in their car. If your parent / carer must be present during your session they will need to spectate from the grass bank at the left-hand side of the track.
- Do not touch any equipment during your session – High Jump and Pole Vault beds, hurdles and sand pits are NOT to be used at this point in time.
- Ensure you always remain 2m from everyone in your group during the session. ONE lane gap is not socially distanced.
- You can only access and utilise the track with the permission of the club and MSV. If your membership is not up to date or you haven’t booked in with your coach prior to the session you will not be allowed to train.
- Ensure you always adhere to any guidance put in place by the club, MSV or your coach. You may be asked to leave the track if you fail to train safely and put others at risk by not following guidelines.
- Do not congregate after training, return home immediately and follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- Your coaches will regularly remind you of the clubs and MSV’s standards and expectations
- Week 1 of training (week beginning 15 June) will be free of charge. As it will no longer be possible to pay MSV directly further details of how payments will be made are to follow.
- These guidelines will be regularly reviewed, keep up to date with any changes.
9 June 2020