The U11 Tuesday and Thursday waiting list – This has been temporarily closed until January 1st 2021
We are pleased to hear from anyone considering joining the athletic club. Please contact the membership secretary firstname.lastname@example.org to check on places. Jill would appreciate the following information: full name, DOB, available nights you wish to train, (The club trains Monday to Friday)and any aspects of athletics that interest you. It may be sprinting, middle to longer distance, cross-country, hurdles or field events. We have a huge demand for spaces in our two U11 groups and have a very long waiting list. Children can attend from 8 years of age but it is a suggestion to put a name down at least a year in advance. Once Jill has replied to you, you will either go on a waiting list or she will do her utmost to find you a suitable coach and their group. There is a waiting list for the over 11s also, not quite so long but at this age athletes are expected to train twice a week
Once a space has been allocated, you will be invited to attend twice over a 2 week period to see if you enjoy the experience. During the 2 weeks, if you decide to join the club, you complete a membership form, pay the relevant fee, by bank transfer if possible. Bank details from Jill. A membership card will be forwarded on receipt of the form and a SAE.
Benefits of being a member:
· Belong to a leading club in the North East.
· Experience group athletics at all ages and abilities
· Have the opportunity for disabled athletes to participate and compete.
· You can train and compete in a safe and friendly environment and be expertly coached by DBS cleared coaches.
· Compete for the club in various leagues across the North.
· Have insurance cover for all ‘athletic activities’
· Have the opportunity to gain subsidised coaching and Officials qualifications if you wish to develop your athletics career.
· Access any social events organised by the club
· At Middlesbrough Sports village, access some of the best training facilities in the North East.
· Be encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle
· Be competitive but have fun and enjoy.
· Note that the club has nurtured from a young age, the following athletes who have gone on to fulfil their ambitions: Chris Tomlinson, Richard Kilty and Charlie Myers.
Following the lockdown from the Covid-19 pandemic, MSV has instructed all users of the track, that they will be invoiced on a monthly basis as they will now not be taking payment for athletes at the venue reception area. The Athletic club will now pay for the track hire for the coaching sessions it puts on.. To recoup this, all athletes are expected to pay a monthly fee as the entrance fee to the track. The cost is £16.00 per month for all over 11s and u11s who attend the track 2 x a week. For the U11s who attend only once a week, the fee is £12.00. Both fees are payable by standing order. Jill will supply details. This must be set up by the 15th of the month to enable you to enjoy the benefits of the club. The current track fees are at an introductory price level whilst the track begins to return to normal and they will rise to their normal rates at some point in the future. MSV have agreed to keep the club informed regarding when this will take place and it will be announced on the club website when that will happen.
Membership forms: this includes all information on the current fees and contact details for the membership secretary. New members should download a 2020 membership form, complete and post to the Membership Secretary along with the appropriate fees. If joining from June onwards, please contact Jill regarding reduced rates 2020 membership form Existing members should download the renewal form, complete and send the appropriate fees to Jill. Renewal Form If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please contact Jill. All discussion will be treated in the utmost confidence.
Other membership issues:
· A step by step guide to changing your club. See the online document below
pdf form to be found at the right hand side of this linked page – www.englandathletics.org/clubs-community/club-affiliation
· Athlete registration with England Athletics
The club will pay the £15.00 (2020 fee) so that athletes who compete for the club at a high level are acknowledged. The EA number is unique to each athlete and remains with them even if they change clubs. •It is compulsory for all athletes over the age of 11 to be registered with England athletics if they intend to compete at NYSD T&F & XC, in open competition, represent the club at the North Eastern and Northern and in league competitions held under UKA rules. •Only current paid up members are registered and Coaches and Team Managers should ensure their athletes are club members first. •Coaches and Team Managers should inform the Membership Secretary who they want registering. Not all athletes are competing athletes. Any queries please contact Jill.