We are pleased to hear from anyone considering joining the club. Initially you do not need to be a member. We offer 4 taster sessions so you can decide whether or not athletics is for you or your child. Please contact the membership secretary email@example.com to check on places. Jill would appreciate the following information: full name, DOB, available nights and any aspects of athletics that interest you. It may be sprinting, middle to longer distance, cross-country, hurdles or field events. We have a huge demand for spaces in our two U11 groups and have a very long waiting list. Children can attend from 8 years of age but it is a suggestion to put a name down at least a year in advance. Once Jill has replied to you, you will either go on a waiting list or she will do her utmost to find you a suitable coach and their group. Once a space has been allocated, then attend 4 times to see if you enjoy the experience. During this time you will be expected to pay the stadium entrance fee at reception. There is no need to join Middlesbrough Active at this point unless you use other facilities run by the company.Once you join and receive a membership card, your entrance fee reduces by 50p per visit. You will be expected also to complete an Everyone Active form (at no cost) to show when you visit the stadium. Benefits of being a member
- Belong to a leading club in the North east with Club Mark Accreditation.
- Experience group athletics at all ages and abilities
- Have the opportunity for disabled athletes to participate and compete.
- You can train and compete in a safe and friendly environment and be expertly coached by DBS cleared coaches.
- Compete for the club in various leagues across the North.
- Have insurance cover for all ‘athletic activities’
- Have the opportunity to gain subsidised coaching and officials qualifications
- Access any social events organised by the club
- At Middlesbrough Sports village, access some of the best training facilities in the North East.
- Be encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Be competitive but have fun and enjoy.
Membership forms: this includes all information on the current fees and contact details for the membership secretary. New members should download a 2020 membership form, complete and post to the Membership Secretary along with the appropriate fees. If joining from June onwards, please contact Jill regarding reduced rates 2020 membership form Existing members should download the renewal form, complete and send the appropriate fees to Jill. Renewal Form If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please contact Jill. All discussion will be treated in the utmost confidence. Other membership issues:
- A step by step guide to changing your club. See the online document below
pdf form to be found at the right hand side of this linked page – www.englandathletics.org/clubs-community/club-affiliation
- Athlete registration with England Athletics
The club will pay the £15.00 (2018 fee) so that athletes who compete for the club at a high level are acknowledged. The EA number is unique to each athlete and remains with them even if they change clubs. •It is compulsory for all athletes over the age of 11 to be registered with England athletics if they intend to compete at NYSD T&F & XC, in open competition, represent the club at the North Eastern and Northern and in league competitions held under UKA rules. •Only current paid up members are registered and Coaches and Team Managers should ensure their athletes are club members first. •Coaches and Team Managers should inform the Membership Secretary who they want registering. Not all athletes are competing athletes. •Any queries please contact Jill but be aware she is will not have Wi-Fi access if she is away!!