English National XC Relays 2020 – the format will be over 2 days 31st October and 1st of November but entry will be by invitation only. Invites will be sent to the first 30 clubs (A teams only) in each race in the 2019 championships. Full details will be sent out but check the website www.englishcrosscountry.co.uk
The U11 Tuesday and Thursday waiting list.
This has been temporarily closed until January 1st 2021.
This event of 100m, 800m and shot put takes place in Darlington on Sat Sept 26th, details and entry info can be found in the link below.
Entries for the Darlington Harriers & AC organised “Back to Track 200” close this Saturday.
This is an event of 200m races and shot put for U13 upwards on Saturday Aug 29th, at Eastbourne Sports Complex, Darlington. All details can be found in the below link.
We’d be very grateful if you could circulate to your clubs and athletes.
Many thanks & best regards
Dear Kevin, Jill, Christine and all at Middlesbrough AC,
I hope this email finds all of you well. My name is Lorna and I work for Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind and wanted to share something I hope some of your members might be interested in.
Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind is the leading local mental health charity for Teesside. We have an exciting event happening in September that we would love you to support and be a part of.
As we start to feel the impact of Coronavirus on our mental health, it is incredibly important that we take action now. Demand for our vital support and services will grow and we must be equipped to meet it. However, many of our fundraising events have understandably been cancelled. We need your support now more than ever.
During the pandemic we have seen the negative impact of Coronavirus on our local community firsthand. In the first month of lockdown we had an extra 1,000 people asking for support (on top of the 1,000 we were expecting to help through our services as normal). We now have a significant financial deficit that we are desperately trying to fund so that we can continue to help everybody who needs support with their mental health, as quickly as possible, including those who have been impacted by the effects of Coronavirus.
Along with other local Mind charities across Teesside and Yorkshire we are taking part in the 600 Mile September Challenge. This would see teams of four (or more) people complete 600 miles of walking, cycling or running in the month of September whilst raising vital funds to support our local communities’ mental health.
For every team that finishes we will provide a Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind pin badge, finishers’ certificate and for the individuals who raise over £60 a Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind sports top.
We would absolutely love your club to get involved in this, so if you have any questions or you would like more information please email me on email@example.com or call/text on 07701325028.
You can also sign up straight away by visiting our events page https://www.donatemiddlesbroughandstocktonmind.org.uk/Event/600
I hope that sounds like something you would be interested in and I hope to hear back from you soon.
- Booking systems – we are required to manage the facility with a booking system so that we have control over the number of people turning up on site thus enabling the safe management of social distancing. (Bearing in mind that the current advice is a ratio of 5 – 1)
- In the past users would pay or register their visit at reception prior to walking through the internal corridors and access the track via the door next to the grandstand – this access process is no longer available plus we do not currently have a reception service to accept payment and when we do have a reception service we are required to reduce the customer contact to a minimum to reduce the risk of infection and enable colleagues to manage social distancing.
- To enable use of the track by clubs and coaches we have introduced the following changes.
- The club is required to book in advance the time slots required on the track for the different coaches/activities.
- The club will be invoiced for the number of slots they book so one transaction per month to the site instead of hundreds of payments made at reception by the users.
- The club will be required to introduce a booking system for club members and introduce a payment model for the members who wish to access these sessions. So members will now pay the club instead of paying the Sports Village.
- Those people with a membership with Everyone Active will still have access to the gym, swimming pools, fitness classes and casual track activity (once these have re-opened). We would suggest that these people may be required to pay the coach or club for the coached activity taking place as this time on the track will be booked out and not available for casual use.
- Further development of Athletics provision will continue over the coming weeks and months as we gradually open to more people whilst maintaining the management framework to support safe use of our facilities.
- Social distancing is key to the use of the track and we ask that members stick to these guidelines and that coaches continue to operate to these guideline until the guidance changes. Paul.
Getting Back to the Track
Club Guidelines for Athletes (and Parents / Carers):
After discussions with staff from Everyone Active and visits to Middlesbrough Sports Village the following guidelines have been put in place to allow club coaches and athletes to start to return to training at the track from MON 15 JUNE.
- At this point in time your coach can carry out a coaching session with up to five athletes. They may then coach a further session after the conclusion of your session.
- Ensure you have booked on your session with your coach and you are clear what time your training session starts and where on the track you are to meet your coach.
- You must be a current member of the club to train. Please bring your membership card with you to the track to present on request.
- Follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands and bring hand sanitiser with you. Do not train or attend the track if you display any of the symptoms of coronavirus or if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating.
- Ensure you have enough food and hydration for the session.
- Be aware that changing facilities and toilets are CLOSED – use the toilet before you set off for the track.
- There will be a time buffer between sessions to enable social distancing to take place effectively – do not congregate in groups before your training sessions.
- Ensure you arrive at the MSV gate to the track no more the 5 mins before your allocated training session time. If you are early, remain in your car.
- At the gate join the queue to enter, use the hand santiser provided and give your name and the name of the coach to the MSV staff. Whilst in the queue maintain social distancing of 2m at all times.
- Once through the gate head to your coaches agreed meet point.
- Parents / carers should remain in their car. If your parent / carer must be present during your session they will need to spectate from the grass bank at the left-hand side of the track.
- Do not touch any equipment during your session – High Jump and Pole Vault beds, hurdles and sand pits are NOT to be used at this point in time.
- Ensure you always remain 2m from everyone in your group during the session. ONE lane gap is not socially distanced.
- You can only access and utilise the track with the permission of the club and MSV. If your membership is not up to date or you haven’t booked in with your coach prior to the session you will not be allowed to train.
- Ensure you always adhere to any guidance put in place by the club, MSV or your coach. You may be asked to leave the track if you fail to train safely and put others at risk by not following guidelines.
- Do not congregate after training, return home immediately and follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- Your coaches will regularly remind you of the clubs and MSV’s standards and expectations
- Week 1 of training (week beginning 15 June) will be free of charge. As it will no longer be possible to pay MSV directly further details of how payments will be made are to follow.
- These guidelines will be regularly reviewed, keep up to date with any changes.
9 June 2020
To all Club Athletes:
We hope you are safe and well.
Please note the following:
- Your coach will be in touch to check if you are still keen to be trained. Please let them know ASAP as it is very important they know how many athletes they can expect.
- Within the next 10 days, we will be co-ordinating the use of the outside track amongst the groups so keep checking in to the website and your coach.
- At MSV, initially there will be no toilet access or to the stands. Entrance arrangements are still at the planning stage with their management committee.
- The track will initially only be open to OUR Club athletes and our elite internationals. This means you will only be allowed on the track after producing your current 20/21 membership card. If you have not paid your subs this year, no access to the track. Contact me ASAP re renewing.
- It will be very important to keep in touch with your coach so they know who will be actually turning up to a training session. You will not be able to just turn up when you feel like it and equally, if you say you are going and you don’t , then you are wasting a precious place of the 5 athletes each coach is allowed to train at one go.
More updates as they happen.
Message from the NYSD Committee
The NYSD T&F season has been cancelled and there will follow soon, a message re the Cross Country fixtures.