Hi EveryoneHere are the provisional results for today’s NYSD XC meeting at Thirsk, if you spot any mistakes please let me know.Thanks to Duncan, Martyn and the members of Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers for putting on the meeting. An excellent day’s XC in almost perfect weather apart from a couple of showers, at least the thunder stayed away.There are a couple of issues which I must bring to your attention :1. There were a couple of instances today of athletes warming up on the course whilst the meeting was in progress (mainly senior men) which impeded competing athletes. This is not what we expect of athletes in this league, please respect your fellow athletes,2. ‘Due to a football match also being scheduled the football pavilion which had been arranged for toilets and changing were not available as expected. Thankfully the leisure centre who is independant of the event agreed to allow the use of the toilet facilities just prior to the event starting instead. It is therefore disappointing to hear some athlete’s/parents who used the facilities were rude to staff members in the centre.All facilities booked and used by the NYSD deserve to be respected to ensure they can be used again each year.Please be mindful of this during the forthcoming season
Northern Echo Local Sporting Heroes Awards
Great to see 2 of our athletes make the short list for the awards, Christy O’Hare and second claim athlete Tia Anderson. Good luck to you both.
Good afternoon Everyone
Please find attached details for the 1st NYSD XC meeting of the 2019/20 season. The meeting takes place at The Flatts, Thirsk, YO7 1LU on Sunday 22nd September.
Resumption of coaching
Dave and Cyril will resume their coaching group sessions on Tuesday October 1st at MSV at 1800
Middlesbrough Sports Village, Middlesbrough.TS4 3AE
Sunday September 15th 2019 2.30 – 4.30 p.m.
Fantastic Four provides the opportunity for young people to participate in athletics in a fun and supportive environment. You do not need to be a member of an athletic club.
- Years 3 & 4 – Events : 75m, Long Jump, 300m & Howler Throw
- Years 5 & 6 – Events : 75m, Long Jump, 600m & Howler Throw
- Cost: £3.00 per athlete with on line registration by Saturday 14th before 1800. £3.50 entry on the day.
- Registration: from 2.00 – 2.30 (no later) Please bring 4 pins for your track number and £3.50 if not already pre-registered.
- Please note we are using the track so please approach the main Reception then turn LEFT outside to find the open gate near the disability shelter. Registration will be there until 2.30
- Medals will be awarded to the first, second and third boy and girl winners in each school age category
- Any queries please contact email@example.com