If you have not already done so, there is still time to enter the Charles Stuart Memorial meeting at MSV.
You may have been aware of Charles coaching at the track and timekeeping at events but the remarkable man also did many other things for athletics both locally and regionally.
- Plans for an Indoor track at Clairville.
- He drew up plans but with the new MSV but these were never implemented.
- At MSV he got the grandstand extended so that Photofinish equipment could be installed.
- The finish line posts were constructed by Charles, you probably noticed these as you crossed them after winning your event or setting another PB.
In addition to these local issues, he also
- Carried out timekeeping at local, national and international fixtures.
- Represented North East timekeeping at national events,
- Provided a Physiotherapy service for Cleveland Schools athletics at the ESAA finals.
- Chaired the club for several years pushing for better facilities for all athletes.
- Arranged meetings with National events to get management meetings at MSV.
Along with his wife Chris he:
- Managed international squads at
- Took teams to the top division of the UKA Womens League.
- Arranged his holidays so that he would not miss important competitions for his athletes.
Please send in your entry for the Charles Stuart Memorial meeting on Sunday 25th March as soon as possible. Forms can be downloaded from the club website.
We are here on that day to celebrate a special man who did so much for athletics on Teesside and the North East.